Compile for mac

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:42 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2015 at 7:48 PM
Since it appears that this project is truly a community project (ie. The ONLY info is by discovery of the community) I thought I would help a little for those who actually use a MAC.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE!!! I'm just highlighting things to get you in the right direction.

Basically it's as simple as getting qt creator. Here is a link for how to install:

http://stanford.edu/~rawatson/qt/mac_install_gifs/

BTW... I suggest getting the LATEST version.

Once installed download the source code and open it up in qtcreator and change to release and compile by hitting the green "play button". It should just work without changing anything other the configuring the project preferences.

Then go into the apkstudio.app/MacOS folder and create another folder called binaries. Then download the linux version of apk studio as an example and find the mac versions of the tools in the binaries folder (online) and replicate the folder structure in the apkstudio.app/MacOS/binaries. Adb and zipalign are in the Android SDK (google for more info).

This should get you going. Although I haven't tried this yet, I imagine the easiest way is to create a platforms folder in the same apkstudio.app/MacOS folder and place your platform frameworks there.

You can then put the apkstudio.apk in your Applications folder or wherever you want and everything should stay together. Change your preference to your liking and you should be good to go.

Again, this is really brief and after the fact. Just trying to be helpful.